From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andor Camera saving issue

Dear all,

I have a problem about Andor Camera(Andor Luca R) saving issue. Here is my expectation, when I run the Labview, the screen will show the live mode of the picture,like a CCTV. And when I click" Run Kinectic", camera will get the nunber(which I can control) of image in different timing gab  and save it into SIF file.

In the case1, it just initialize the camera and.2case can oder the path and name of file and strat acquisition.3 case will show live mode.4 case can save image. 5case can shut down the camera.

However, when it comes to 3case I can not save it because the erro code is always "Drive is still acquiring data".   Can you guys help me?

Here is my code

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,741 Views)

Hi Aliasff,

What driver are you using for this camera? I looked at your code and it is quite large so I am not able to go through it to figure out what could be causing the problem, however from the error you are getting it sounds like you need to stop your acquisition before you do your save. Does the API you are using have a stop acquire function available?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,716 Views)

Hi Aliasff,

What driver are you using for this camera? I looked at your code and it is quite large so I am not able to go through it to figure out what could be causing the problem, however from the error you are getting it sounds like you need to stop your acquisition before you do your save. Does the API you are using have a stop acquire function available?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,716 Views)

Hi,

It is not possible to use SaveAsSIf when in RTA mode as the camera is always acquiring while in this mode.  SaveAsSif can only be called after an acquisition (non RTA) has completed.

If you want to run in live mode and save a certain set of frames when a button is pressed this will have to be done outside of the Andor library - the frame data is provided so perhaps this could be processed using another tool?

Hope this helps,

Francis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,686 Views)