LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog pulse width measurement

Hi, I have a signal that is a number of single pulses which i am capturing using a Digitizer and then fetching integer values to make the pulsewidth measurements faster.

My signal is AC coupled therefore i have quite a lot of noise, i want to measure the pulsewidths but i need some hysterisis to reject any of the noise. I am a C programmer and this would be a simple case of looking forward a number of elements in the array after the initial threshold has been satisified but i do not know how to do this in LabView.

Can anybod help me out?

Thanks.

Wayne 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,514 Views)

There are many ways to detect the pulse width of a signal with noise and without knowing your setup how the signal looks it, we will be totally guessing.  That being said I would first try the "Measure Pulse" function under the Waveform Measurement palette (does your C have that?).  If the signal for some reason won't work with this canned function then by all means write your own.  Set up a comparision to say is my analog value greater then 0.5V?  (or what ever) then find the times from going from FALSE to TRUE to find the rising edge, and from TRUE to FALSE for a falling edge.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,493 Views)