From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog and digital aquire

Hi everybody,

I need help! I know that this is a very simple question for experienced user but i don't know how to do it.
I'm totally new to LabView and have do some measurments really quick. I work with LAbView 7.1 and my
datasource is a NI SCXI Terminal.
I already gathered the signals and wired them to the SCXI-terminal. Now I have a signal on the PFi0 to start the measurment.
The signals contain 3 analog inputs 0-10V with differnt scaling and 4 Thermocouples and 4 digital signals. The signals should be displayed in 3 differnt charts.

The measurement now should display the data and write it to a file which can be read by Excel on demand.

Can anybody please help me and tell me how to do it?
Would be really nice.

Thanks and greets tilo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,273 Views)
Hello Tilo,

Take a look into the examples shipped with LabVIEW (Help/Find Examples) -> Hardware Input and Output\DAQmx\Analog Measurements\Voltage\. But first make sure you can 'see' the signals in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX), through the LabVIEW start dialog with 'Configure...'
Create two tasks in MAX, one for the analog signals and one for the digital signal. You can set these signals directly to temperatur measurements and read them as temperatures in LabVIEW. For fast developing use the DAQmx Expres wizard.

succes,
Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 04-29-2005 03:44 AM

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,268 Views)