LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Trigger unavialable in PXIe-4353

Hello,

I'd be grateful for some help with my case. I'm building a VI for acquisition of multiple signals from thermocouples. My hardware is NI PXIe-1073 chassis with PXIe-4353 module to read the signals.

The problem is that I want to use an Analog Edge trigger for the start of the measurement but it is unavialable to choose in the DAQ Assistant properties window (I have only None and Digital Edge to choose form). I also tried to do the same with DAQmx functions but I got the Error which says that I can only choose Digital Edge Trigger or None.

The hardware (PXIe-4353) does seem to support Analog Triggering: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370471W-01/cdaqmxsupp/pxie-4353/ or am I mistaken ?

Also I want to note that I currently use hardware simulation and not the actual hardware - can this be the reason?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,465 Views)

Dear pancarlos,

Unfortunately, the hardware does not support analog triggering, as stated in this thread. If that is necessary in your application, you might want to consider adding another PXI card to the system that does trigger on analog input, and use the trigger lines to start your PXIe-4353.

Regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
Message 2 of 3
(2,450 Views)

Thank you kindly for this reply. I'm now decided what to do next 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,443 Views)