LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Multi Photon Pixel Counter FPGA connection

Hello,

I am new to the labview and FPGA cards and data acquisition. I am building a system where I will be using the R Series PCIe7852R FPGA card. For data acquisition I am using the SCB-68A terminal. I am using the Multi Pixel Photon Counter (MPPC), manual attached. It is an analog detector, which converts the photons into voltage. The MPPC has the SMB signal output and I use a SMB cable with the ground and plus cables on the other end to connect to the terminal. I think that I should have it connected throught the AI+ and AI Sense inputs, however I am not receiving any appropriate data through such connection. I tried different combinations, but none of them seemed to work. 

Hope you'll be able to help me 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,888 Views)

Hi Pi,

How are you setting the grounding on the card? it sounds like you have a single ended signal with a grounded source but is the card being set to expect this? Also, this sort of set up isn't recommended as it can causee ground loops, I've linked a document below describing this:-

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3394/en/

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,831 Views)

Thank you for the answer. It turns out, that the problem was within the device, with the other device with same connections it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,792 Views)