LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Input Signal Issue

Hi Everyone,

I am having a small problem that has troubled me for awhile now.

I use LabVIEW 2016 and 7853r FPGA card. I have 4 stable signals from 4 different femto preamplifiers hooked up to a quadrant photodiode. I feed the signal to labVIEW through SCB-68 connector. I use SHC68-68 RMIO cable to connect the SCB-68 to the Chassis (NI PXIe-1062Q).

My problem is, when I check the signals via a multimeter or oscilloscope, I get a stable signal, but when I check the signal in LabVIEW FPGA using the code attached the signals fluctuates a lot, sometimes giving negative values. What could be the problem?

Any hint or ideas will be highly appreciated.  Thank you.

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,698 Views)

Could you provide some examples how the measurement looks like and how it should look like (as seen with the oscilloscope)?

The issue might be with the termination (RSE/NRSE) of the input for example.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,672 Views)

I am also seeing you are not applying a scale to the reading.  You are just seeing the actual ADC bits.  Any little noise will cause those bits to toggle.  If you applied a proper scaling, that toggling might not look so bad.

V = Count*10/32767

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,655 Views)

Helo Nikodem,

Thank you for your response to my question. Attached please find the sampled measurements for my data. I expect the data to be a constant but the fluctuation is just crazy.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,619 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

Thank you for finding time to respond to my question. I have tried applying a scaling as suggested but in vain.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,615 Views)