LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog DAQ Readings with cDAQ9179

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a cDAQ-9179 with NI 9205 AI cards in slots 1-10. Card 1 is wired to signals coming from DUT 1, card 2 is wired to signal from DUT 2, and so on. When I set up an analog input task (differential) with 1 ai channel from a few of the cards (cDAQ1Mod1/ai3,cDAQ1Mod3/ai3,cDAQ1Mod5/ai3,cDAQ1Mod7/ai3,cDAQ1Mod9/ai3), set up the timing to a sample clock (rate: 44100Hz, # of samples: 4410, sample mode: finite) and then start and read (# of samples: 4410, analog multi-channel, multi-sample, 1D waveform), I get a timeout error on the read saying "Some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired".

If I use the same code to read from 2 channels of each card, I get no timeout error on the read.

Whether I am reading 1 signal or 10 signals from each of the cards, I would expect to be able to read the amount of samples I specified in the timing node. Changing the timeout on the read VI to -1 (indefinite) does not solve the problem.

Does anyone have an idea on what is going on here?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,915 Views)

If you wire a -1 to the timeout terminal of the DAQmx Read VI, does it just hang forever? It seems like the acquisition is stopping before it acquires all of the samples requested. What happens if you set the samples to read per channel to a smaller value?

J. Calvert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,867 Views)

If I wire a -1 to the timeout terminal of the DAQmx read, the VI hangs forever. I can lower the number of samples per read to a smaller value and fix the issue, but I have no thresholded this to see when the issue appears again.

I would still like to know why this behavior occurs when reading 1 channel from each card and not when reading more than 1 channel from each card.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,837 Views)

Matt,

It looks like you have a service request open with another Applications Engineer. I am going to keep working with him to figure out what is causing this problem. If you are able to find a solution working on that service request, please post the solution here in case other people run into this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,817 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mattb1

I was pointed to some Knowldege Base articles by NI support that lead to the solution. There is a bug with DAQmx 15.1.1 and the cDAQ-9179 chassis that I am using. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B968369CBE7C71CE86257FC6005664F2?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/444177578E314BBE86257FD20070C377

An update to DAQmx 15.5 solved the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,793 Views)