LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An example of a timed sequence anyone

I am interested in using a times sequence and have no idea whatsoever how to use it, and wondered if anybody had an example. I would like to start the timed sequence from a digital trigger and then have the individual sequences have different times. Any clues

nice
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,408 Views)
hi,

With the timed structures,timing is controlled by the structure itself and not by the seperate timing functions like the wait (ms) function or the wait until next ms multiple function. The new timed sequence does in many ways behave like the sequence structure, but it has the added functionality of built-in timing. The timed sequence structure consists of one or more task sub diagrams or frames that execute sequentially. > ght click the borders to add frames. use the structure when you want to develop applications that have the following characteristics:
  • Multi-rate timing capabilities
  • precise timing
  • execution feedback
  • timing characteristics that change dynamically
  • several levels of execution priority
conti...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(10,345 Views)
with regards to connections
To read and write the settings for timing and execution and priority for the timed sequence, note that all terminals are grouped in four different types of nodes:
  • input node
  • output node
  • left data nte
  • right data node
There is one input and output node per timing sequence structure, but there is a left and right data node for each frame, as shown in the jpeg attachement. By default, nodes of the timed sequence structure do not display all of the available input and output terminals. You can resize the nodes or right click a node and use the shortcut menu to display node terminals. Right click the structure border to add, delete, resize and merge frames.

I hope this helps in the mean time.

All the best!

Kurt
Applications Engineer
NI UK
Message 3 of 8
(10,345 Views)
This sounds like exactly what I am looking for! Except... LabVIEW gives me an error saying it can't "Find the VI Named "XDataNode.xnode". This is on LabVIEW Full Development System 8.0.1 on Mac OS X.

Any idea what my problem is? Is there something wrong with my installation? Or are timed sequences not available on the my Full Development System?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(10,232 Views)
Hi,

I'm quite sure timed loops are available with Full Development Versions of LabVIEW whether it be for windows, mac or linux. see:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=196955

What are you doing for these errors to occur? for example do you see a timed loop structure in a palette? Does the error occur when you drag and drop it to the block diagram? Perhaps it is an installation issue or maybe it has been fixed in the latest release of LabVIEW....

Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,181 Views)
If I create a new VI and insert, for example, a While Loop, I can't right click on the loop and "Replace with a timed loop" which is the behaviour I have seen on a Windows version of LabVIEW.

I do not see timed loop structures in the palette.

If I search the Functions palette for "timed while" or "timed structure" I get no results.

If I try to open a VI generated on a Windows version of LabVIEW that has a timed loop in it, I get the aforementioned error: can't "Find the VI Named "XDataNode.xnode"

I have done a complete uninstall of LabVIEW and reinstalled it and there is still no timed loop functionality present.

Can anyone confirm this feature working under OS X?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(10,173 Views)
"Timed Structures" are not supported under Linux and OS X.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(9,684 Views)

Hi

I couldn't find best examples in Timed sequence vi , it would be great if someone suggest with some vi.

Fredrick 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,451 Views)