From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while saving the following file

I want to build an app but I get this message:

An error occurred while saving the following file:

C:\Acquire U6 DS&FTP\Acquire U6 DS&FTP.vi

Nothing more, absolutely nothing more.

Before that I could build it without problems, now I can't. The file in the message is the main file (by the way it runs fine). I've tried creting a new project but it doesn't work.

I really hope somebody can help me.

Thanks,

JuanM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,351 Views)

Juan,

please check if the file already exists in that folder. It might be write protected.

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,336 Views)

What's changed in your code?  Have you tried undoing anything or reverting back to a pervious version?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,330 Views)

Problem appear suddenly, after few days working on project which was compiled meny times befor.
Solution in my case was to eliminate Modify project library file.... in Additional exclusion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,127 Views)

Can you Zip up the folder Acquire "U6 DS&FTP", which I assume contains the Project file and all associated VIs and attach it?  Sometimes we need to "play around" with the code to see the trouble.

One thing I wonder about is saving to the root of C:, something I try never to do in Windows.  I recall from earlier versions, I don't think as far back as Windows 3, but maybe Windows 9x, this was "discouraged", and I seem to recall that Windows 7 may actually "complain" (or demand Admin rights in some cases).  Can you try saving in a "data area" to which you have known write access?  Does this help?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,116 Views)