LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred loading VI'AI Group Config.vi,.

I am trying to move a program from windows 98 to my laptop which runs XP and I keep getting the following two error messages when I try to run the program:

1. An error occurred loading VI'AI Group Config.vi,. LabVIEW load error code 21: An external subroutine required for execution could not be found

2. Error - 10243 occurred at DIO Port Config.

Does anybody have suggestions as how to fix these errors?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,989 Views)
Is this program an executable ? Have you installed the DAQ drivers on the computer running WXP ? If not an executable, have you also installed the DAQ LV support ?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,969 Views)
This program is an executable and I have installed the DAQ drivers I downloaded from the NI website.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,961 Views)

Hello,

It it very possible that you have developed your application (.exe) with one version of the NI-DAQ driver on the 98 machine and have loaded a different version of NI-DAQ on to the XP machine.  This would explain both error 21 and 10243.  There are only a couple of versions of the NI-DAQ driver that support both 98 and XP.  Thus, it is very likely that you could have developed on the 98 machine with a version of NI-DAQ that does not support XP.  Please check that you are developing on 98 with either of these versions of NI-DAQ 6.9.0, 6.9.3 with patch 6.9.3f5, 7.0, or 7.1.  I would recommend using 7.1, since it is the most recent of the Traditional NI-DAQ drivers that support both OS.  If you find that your .exe was developed with a version older than 6.9.0 you might need to upgrade the driver on the developement machine.

For error 21, please refer to the KnowledgeBase linked below for more detail.

KB 0ZTKCAWV: Error 21 While Loading LabVIEW Executable on Target Machine

For error 10243, it is looking for a the configuration that it can not open or acces.  Please also refer to the linked KnowledgeBase.

KB 3ADBL74B: LabVIEW Error 10243

KB 18K8B88U: All my LabVIEW DAQ VIs return error -10243

Please also make sure that you are using the same version of LabVIEW and DAQ driver on both the developement and target machine.

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,952 Views)