From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Input Parameter is Invalid - Questions...

I realize there has been extensive posting about this error in the past, but none of it is entirely helpful to me.

My problem is that a) I don't know why my input is invlid, and b) what are the root causes of this error (aside from the obvious)

a) I had a waveform chart in a top level vi, and in a subvi I was updating this chart via reference and property node.  My question is, how can a "WFChart Refnum", and waveform data, be invalid inputs to a property node for a waveform chart?  The chart which is referenced has the exact same characteristics as the data being fed to the property node (same number of plots, data, etc).  Now the error message tells me at the bottom "Property Name: Value", which further confuses me, as how can waveform data be invalid for a waveform chart!

b) It would be nice if the error told me what it didn't like about the data going into the property node, i.e. Whether the reference conflicted with the data (should not be the case here), or the data was not the right type, etc.

I realize also that this is a fairly novice question, but I'm really not sure what's going on.  I've had this error many times before, but have always been able to easily solve it by just making sure everything matches up.  I have done so, and am still getting the error...  Argh. 

Not a good Monday problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,344 Views)

I agree that error 1 can sometimes be frustrating, and we're always trying to clarify error messages to make them more helpful whenever the opportunity arises.  If you can post a simple set of VIs demonstrating the problem, I can help you discover what the issue might be, and we can see about improving the error message.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,323 Views)