From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amplitude of One Part of a Signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I managed to find amplitude of the whole signal saved as spreadsheet using Amplitude and Levels.vi. It works great. How can I find amplitude of one part of the signal (let`s say first 10% or 0.0001 seconds)? In a word, how do I set up time limits for that VI?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,523 Views)

@Ivan899 wrote:

Hello!

I managed to find amplitude of the whole signal saved as spreadsheet using Amplitude and Levels.vi. It works great. How can I find amplitude of one part of the signal (let`s say first 10% or 0.0001 seconds)? In a word, how do I set up time limits for that VI?

Thanks for your help.

What do you mean 10% or 0.0001 seconds, I don't understand. Are you acquiring data at more than 10KHz? If possible please attach the code.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,521 Views)

Thanks for your quick reply.

I`ve attached VI and two spreadsheets. Initially two waveforms have just noisy components and I need to find out amplitude of this noise for further utilization its value for threshold settings. I want to make threshold dynamic depending on the level of noise amplitude. Currently I am able just to find amplitude of the whole signal including peaks using Amplitude and Levels.vi. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivan899

Judging by your code you seem to have a good grasp of waveform manipulation.  You can use the Get Wfm Subset VI (Waveform palette) or just roll your own subset grabber with the tools in the Array palette.  The Get Wfm Subset has the advantage of calculating the time based on the dt.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,508 Views)

Great! I think this is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,499 Views)