LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to event structures?

@Mars13 wrote:

As far as possible, I just want to use PXI boards (via PXI controler) like any GPIB or USB instrument from my PC without loading VI into PXI controler.

Sounds like you actually want a MXI connection to the PXI chassis instead then.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,526 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,514 Views)

@ouadji wrote:

yyyyyy.png

Nothing quite like correcting posts from almost 8 years ago...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,499 Views)

It is better late than never  Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(1,493 Views)

Wow, this really brings me back. I'm a PhD student now, close to graduation. I'm actually a relatively competent coder after all these years (Python, C++). Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, back in the day! It was a big help!

Anna

Message 25 of 27
(1,482 Views)

8 years of experience in any industry will make a difference.  Whenever someone talks about how bad their LabVIEW code was in the past (or mine for that matter) I mention how if I was a welder, and I was welding for 8 years, how terrible would my first welds look compared to the ones from today.  Congradulations.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,436 Views)

@fsustudent wrote:

Wow, this really brings me back. I'm a PhD student now, close to graduation. I'm actually a relatively competent coder after all these years (Python, C++). Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, back in the day! It was a big help!

Anna

🙂 This reminds me when I was a PhD student a few years ago. I went through the PhD years only using ANSI C as a tool to deal with experimental data, and others programmed LV for the experiments. Just started learning more serious LV after the PhD scholarship. Getting a better LabVIEW programmer opened much more opportunities in my carrier as an experimental physicist. Actually, just got an offer yesterday at my institute, they offered participation in a prestigious experimental particle physics project to program NI Real-Time hardware 🙂 Just started today the Real-Time self-paced online training, haha, it will be a fun ride! 🙂

All with this I just wanna say, there is still place in your brain next to Python and C++ 😉

Message 27 of 27
(1,380 Views)