LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alt-Tab Bug

Hi NI!

I see that people have posted for over ten years about the alt-tab behavior bug, and here we are at v14 and it still hasn't been fixed. I'm sure some long time programmers are used to it by now, so how about making the proper bebavior a toggleable option?

I know ya'll have bigger bugs to work on, but I hope you'll keep this one in mind, as it's really very responsible for the crack in my monitor and the high-velocity airborne pens that coworkers complain about flying from my desk.

No seriously I've had to start taking anxiety meds over this.

That wasn't a joke.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,584 Views)

Technically, this isn't a bug. It's the designed behavior. I agree that the behavior tends to be annoying, but I think I understand why NI did this (ignoring things like OS compatibility, I'm guessing the main reason is because your code also manages windows, and it was thought that having all the windows brought forth might be more user friendly).

I have no idea how easy it would be to change this (although I'm guessing not very, based on the age of the links below), but if you want this, you should add it to the idea exchange (and search first to see if it doesn't exist). Regardless of how easy it is, I know that NI has been working on finding solutions to the window situation. Look at this and follow the various links there to see more - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/LabVIEW-IDE-Overhaul/idi-p/952251

(2,535 Views)