From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent ag3446x error -420, "Query UNTERMINATED"

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else might have seen this error on this DMM?  If so, how did you resolve it?  I'll attach my code.  This doesn't happen on a regular basis, so I'm not sure what is causing it.  I don't miss/loose any data when it occurs, but it's annoying.  I'm using the IVI driver.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,463 Views)

Well overall I have never had good luck with IVI drivers, and if something does not work you can not fix it yourself.

Have you tried the standard SCPI driver?

Agilent 3446X Series Meter Plug and Play (project-style) Instrument Driver

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,439 Views)

Yes, the standard drier works without an error for the VI I submitted.  I have been using the IVI driver because it has some different options that the standard driver doen't have in it.  I think I may have to use IVI for part of my project and the standard for the other.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,423 Views)

@tcarrico wrote:

Yes, the standard drier works without an error for the VI I submitted.  I have been using the IVI driver because it has some different options that the standard driver doen't have in it.  I think I may have to use IVI for part of my project and the standard for the other.

Apparently it has the option to throw errors, too.  😉

If you dig out the programmer's guide you could probably fill in the missing options yourself.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,414 Views)

@billko wrote:

@tcarrico wrote:

If you dig out the programmer's guide you could probably fill in the missing options yourself.  🙂

If you can edit the source code!

One of my pet peeves is the lack of being able to see- much less edit- IVI driver source code.

My advice: use the VISA Project Style (Plug-N-Pray[SIC]) driver and use the"Submit Feedback on this driver" button often.   

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,410 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@billko wrote:

@tcarrico wrote:

If you can edit the source code!

One of my pet peeves is the lack of being able to see- much less edit- IVI driver source code.

My advice: use the VISA Project Style (Plug-N-Pray[SIC]) driver and use the"Submit Feedback on this driver" button often.   

I thought he said he was using a mixture of the two.  I meant that he could probably go with the VISA Project Style and suppliment with some manually written stuff.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,385 Views)

@tcarrico wrote:

What is the SCPI driver missing that the IVI driver has? Chances are the SCPI commands are in the manual you will just have to make a vi to do it.

I just ditched the IVI driver for a Chroma DC Load yesterday after wasting a week trying to use their poorly documented IVI driver that flat out does not work. 

I took me about four hours with the manual to write a few VI's using the SCPI commands to get the job done.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,363 Views)
I try to avoid IVI add much as possible as well. If you do use it, you really need to have a copy of LabWindows/CVI on hand. That's one of the reasons I buy the developers suite.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,353 Views)

Hi, if you have LabWindows at hand, you can modify the ag3446x_ReadMultiPoint function in ag3446x.c file by using the SCPI command "READ?" instead of calling the low level function ag3446x_FetchMultiPoint and rebuild it.

Otherwise, I can made the change and provide the dll for you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,255 Views)