LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent E5810

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, I am using Windows XP on my computer. But I don't think it matters. I searched NI website and couldn't find anything saying NI-MAX 5.3.x is not compatiable with XP. Do you have a link?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(1,382 Views)

@Whitman_Cougar wrote:

Yes, I am using Windows XP on my computer. But I don't think it matters. I searched NI website and couldn't find anything saying NI-MAX 5.3.x is not compatiable with XP. Do you have a link?

Thanks,

It was late when I replied.  I probably should've waited until morning.  It's not tied to the version of Windows as you had already mentioned.  Actually, it depends on your version of LabVIEW.  Sorry about that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(1,377 Views)

Hello, I would like to know if you found a solution to your problem? I am using the 8065 GPIB to Ethernet Controller from ICS and am having the same problem. It appears that MAX has troubles with the LAN Device Name gpib0,7 but no problems with gpib0. So I am stuck until I find the solution to this problem. I have followed the suggestions on the Application Note "Using NI-VISA 5.2 or greater with the Agilent E5810A" but things still don't work within MAX. I have no problems within the Agilent Connection Expert.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know,

joe

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(1,283 Views)

I heard from a colleague that NI may have fixed this recently in NI-VISA 5.4.1. Give that a try.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(1,277 Views)

Will do. Currently I'm using 5.4 and its not working.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(1,272 Views)

It's working! Thank you so much for suggesting to run 5.4.1. I've been working for 3 days on this and am thankful for everyone for their input.

joe

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,264 Views)

Hi,

I am having a similar problem.

I am currently trying to use NI-VISA 5.4.1 to interface with an Agilent E5810 which is a gateway to a Hewelett Packard Power Supply 6030A. I have followed this document (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C6ADD4D65354570086257AA1002F5F67) but I still can’t get it to work.

Here is a screenshot showing the problem that I am having. The" Devices and Interfaces" doesn’t recognize the Network Device that I have added (hence the x next to “TCPIP0::129.197.52.63::gpib0,5::INSTR”), yet I am able to interface with the device through the webpage and even communicate to it. For example ask for its identification query.

screenshot1.jpg

When I try to “Open VISA Test Panel” I get this error.

screenshot2.png

I have tried using NI-VISA 14.0 but I am got the same results. I am not really sure else I should try to get this to work. 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Spencer

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,182 Views)

Spence I have the same thing going on with my machine and I have NI Dev Suite 2015 with Visa 14.0.  I wonder what Joe actually had in his configuration once he finally got it to work. 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(1,129 Views)

Hi

I solved this problem by updating most of the softwares. 

Agilent Connect Expert -> Keysight Connection Expert

Update to NI MAX 14.0.1

Update to NI-VISA 5.4.1

I hope that helps. I was stuck on this one for awhile. 

Spencer 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,098 Views)