LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent E4440A display line and screen capture problem.

Sometimes the forst character is not # but +, in this case you have to discard an extra character (the TRUE case, in the false case you just pass the wires).

Ben64

ScreenShot114.png

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(860 Views)

Thx for ur reply man, but I'm still in trouble, the same timeout error is still there.

I'm comforting myself that it may be a instrument problem...

I see your post a few years ago http://208.74.204.114/t5/LabVIEW/GIF-file-import/td-p/1734254

But no matter what I tried, it gave me the same error. 

BTW, what should I write in the write path. I write like 'C:\1.GIF', is it OK?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(834 Views)

In my experience, it's rarely the instrument.  Unfortunately, it usually does exactly what we tell it to do.  Or in this case, we're probably not telling it to do something correctly.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(829 Views)

OK, man.

Can u tell me what the problem is?

I attached the file file before, I am really crazy

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(826 Views)

The problem is probably not related to the screen capture part of the code (you're reusing code that work for others).

Try this to begin with:

1- Remove the while loop (it doesn't make sense to configure everything and overwrite the saved capture every iteration of the loop )

2- Set the continuous sweep mode to false

3- Add a 3-5 second wait before the screen capture part of the code.

My feeling is that the equipment is still processing previous commands. You can also use the VISA Set Timeout function to increase the value of the timeout.

Once the screen capture is working have a look at what you could do to improve your code.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(797 Views)

Hi,

I was facing similar issue of reading of the Screen Shot which was saved on E4440, the default documented command was always giving time out error.

i tried with C:/K1.GIF"

NOTE i have used FORWARD SLASH and i could get the image data to the control PC.

Hope it works for you too.

TKVO_0-1676998130422.png

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(359 Views)