LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 53230A: +320, 0xbfff0015, 0xbfff0030 user abort errors?

While testing out my code, everytime I set sample count higher than 1 it keeps returning 0xbfff0030 user abort errors, and the measured data doesn't get transferred. Occasionally (haven't been able to duplicate the errors exactly) it also returns "Instrument reports:+320,"Input signal frequency shift caused internal counter overflow" and "hex 0xbfff0015" errors.  Is there something wrong with my code? Should I use a while loop to get multiple/continuous data instead of using a higher sample count?

The instrument also shows "error caused by remote command".

I've attached the block diagram image for my code. Thanks again for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,516 Views)

This is a couple days old so not sure if you have solved this or not.

It would help to know what values you are setting for the other vis, it could be your setting something to a range that takes awhile for the measurement and taking more than one sample throws an error.

Which vi is actually throwing the error, the sample count vi?

Also what kind of signal are you trying to measure?  Does it have the proper amplitude for the freq counter to analyze it?

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,373 Views)

Hi, thank you for your reply!

I'm trying to compare 2 channels so it's supposed to export out the frequency ratio between the 2 channel inputs.

It's actually the Read Measurement VI that's throwing up the errors:

Possible reason(s):

Instrument reports:
+320,"Input signal frequency shift caused internal counter overflow"
+0,"No error"

Complete call chain:
     Agilent 532XX Series.lvlib:Error Query.vi
     Agilent 532XX Series.lvlib:Read Measurement (Multiple).vi
     draft 4a.vi

and

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in Agilent 532XX Series.lvlib:Wait for Acquisition Complete.vi->Agilent 532XX Series.lvlib:Read Measurement (Multiple).vi->draft 4a.vi

The most readings it's been able to export out is 2 readings, and still gives an error. Anything more and it just exports out a blank report (other than the header). I took all the VI from the Agilent driver pages, and all values have been left at the defaults. I've tried using the Fetch Measurement VI before the Read Measurement but it just makes the program run indefinitely (only way to stop it was to save the VI). Did I screw up the order of the subVIs in my program? Right now it's [Initialize -> Configure Measurement Freq Ratio -> Configure Freq Gate -> Configure Gate Start -> Configure Gate Stop ->Configure Sample Count -> Read Measurement -> Close -> Error Query]. I pretty much used the examples VIs in the drivers I downloaded as a base so if I screwed up anything please let me know.

Also, right now it looks like the VI is exporting values at one second intervals. Is it possible to make it such that it can read values at intervals other than one second (shorter or longer), preferably user-defined?

Again, thanks a lot for taking the time to help out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,332 Views)

The Programmer's Reference Guide for the Agilent 53220/53230 says that the FM tolerance exceeds +-50%.

My guess is your gate time is too long or your signal is shifting too much for all the measurements to be completed in range.

I would do a single sample, and put the measurement vi in a while or For loop and then you could average the result manually (For loop would be better for this).

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,271 Views)