cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 34461A Read? and Measurement Commands

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

Right now, I have some written using LabView.  I am monitoring some current over time until the device breaks, and everything is working as I want it to.

I have my code setup so that the measurement command is sent every x seconds (a variable that can be set) in a while loop.  I was wondering if there is a way to have it constantly measuring and then I only read the current every x seconds.  The reason I am asking is because everytime this command is sent, you can hear the Agilent's relays clicking when it is triggering, and if I am sending this command every second, they might be hard on the equipment.  

Is there a way for it always be measuring like when it is not in remote mode?  Can I use the Read? command to get read the current?

I don't expect everyone to be familiar with this meter of course.  Since I am new to LabView, I was wondering if this is possible (maybe even for other pieces of equipment).

Thanks, Natalie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,331 Views)

Can you share your code?  If you are doing the same measurement over and over again, then you should just have to set up the measurement once (before your loop as part of the initialization) and then just do the read when you need the data.  My guess is that you are setitng up this measurement each time you want data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(4,328 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me, and yes that is exactly what I am doing.  I have attached my code (I think you've helped me with this code before, too 🙂 )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,312 Views)

Actually, this is what I tried to do from your advice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _natalie_

I'm pretty sure you are looking for something like this

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(4,281 Views)

Thank you so much!  It is working perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,269 Views)