LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 34401A Driver Problems

Hello all,

I'm attempting to use the Agilent 34401A drivers that come with LabVIEW. However, each time I run one of the VI's such as "Read Single Measurement" it times out at the Initialize VI. I get the error: "1073807339 Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed."

I know I'm using the correct COM port, Baud rate, Parity and Data bits because I can communicate using the "Basic Serial Read and Write VI". I'm using a Tripp Lite Keyspan USB to Serial converter. I have the latest VISA Drivers. I've attached the Initialize.VI. I've tried making the timeout value as high as 60 seconds, with no luck. I've been searching for an answer for hours but no fix has worked. I'm using LabVIEW 2011 SP1.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,525 Views)

Have you probed to see which request caused the error?  Is there any more code you could share that might give more context?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,521 Views)

Not yet. Where should I put the probes?

It seems to be working when I put the function control in Frequency, but the other functions return a timeout. I need to use the DC Current function. I've attached the "Read Single Measurement" VI that should be working.

Thanks crossrulz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,518 Views)

@buickgn wrote:

Not yet. Where should I put the probes?

It might be easier to just run with Highlight Execution on.  Just watch to see where the error cluster becomes and error.  That will tell you where to target your troubleshooting.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(2,516 Views)

It seems to be a timing issue. When I run the Initialize VI with highlight execution on it passes, with it off it fails. But when I run the Run Single Measurement or Run Multiple Measurement VIs with highlight execution on, sometimes it passes and sometimes it doesn't. For example, I just ran it and it worked. But when I ran it again it failed at the Initialize VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,513 Views)