LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 33120a output Disable

Hello,

I'm trying to disable the output of agilent 33120A function generator. But it doesnot seem to have an output disable function. So, could i use the command "APPLy:DC DEFault, DEFault, 0" to do the same (referred from here). Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,893 Views)

What drivers are you using for your instrument?  They should have a set DC function with X voltage.  Just use that with the voltage set to 0.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,884 Views)
Thanks for the reply.
I'm using NI driver 33XXX. Yes, I can use the set dc function to set the voltage as 0. But is that same as disabling the output? I can go for that if i'm sure that it does not cause any other effect. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,866 Views)
Define 'disable'. It is not the same as disconnecting the output but you don't have that option, do you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,860 Views)

Try the command OUTPUT OFF to turn off output.
Alternatively the command OUTPUT ON to turn on output.

cheers,
mcduff

PS I suggest you look at the programming manual for all of the commands.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,851 Views)
As noted in the first post, the vendor says the option is not available. Have you seen the command on the manual?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,849 Views)

Sorry! My bad. I have a 33220A, misread the instrument. (Strange it doesn't allow you to set the output to 0 V.)

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,845 Views)
It does allow you to set the output. What it apparently does not do is allow you to disconnect the output.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,834 Views)

Sorry once again, I was unclear. On the 33220A the output cannot be set to 0, it can be turned off, but not set to 0. I had a problem where I was using a power amplifier in conjunction with a 33220A and even with the output off, there was a small leakage that was being amplified. I could not set the output to 0V to try to mitigate it.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,824 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
As noted in the first post, the vendor says the option is not available. Have you seen the command on the manual?

Thanks for all your reply.

I didnot find the option in the manual. I want to know whether using the command APPLY :DC [ <frequency|DEF> [,<amplitude|DEF> [,<offset>] ]] (all set to default) will be the same as using the command Enable Output as false(but not available for this device)  which is found in other such devices. Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,785 Views)