From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Architectures in LabVIEW - library install error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Recently I have some time to practice LV further, and I want to continue with the Advanced Architectures in LabVIEW online training.

I have downloaded the exercise manual and files from NI.com.

Just at the beginning of the manual, we are asked to install first the "STM API" library under user.lib. (Excercise 2-1 "Evaluating an API design").

This installer throws an error, and it does not install anything.

I have LabVIEW 2014. This online tutorial seems a bit outdated, since the pdf manual talks about LabVIEW 2011.

Is that possible to use the "Advanced Architectures in LabVIEW" self-paced online training with LV 2014?

The error msg does not contain too much hints about problem... (the installer does find the proper LV2014 path)

STM_error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,813 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

Even then, you could just install the latest STM library via VIPM.  It is in the LabVIEW Tools Network.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,803 Views)

yep, thanks, I have found the version 3.0.0.6 via VIPM. So I guess I will just follow this practice through the online training, to check always the newest library versions via VIPM.

edit: just FYI, this newer version of STM does not include the "STM Basic Client Example.vi" and "STM Basic Server Example.vi" VIs, which are refered in the pdf course manual.

I think this online training material would require some update from NI...?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,784 Views)