cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional installers not on this computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to build an application installer using LabVIEW 2010 SP1.  I am trying to include NI-VISA Runtime 5.0.3 but a window pops up saying "Some of the additional installers you selected are not on this computer.  The additional installers are availabe on the following disk.  Expand an disk to display the additional installers it contains."

I have the disks but I thought everything should be installed on the hard drive.  I don't want to go to the trouble of finding the DVDs every time I build an installer.

I thought I installed everything I was supposed to when I installed LabVIEW.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,133 Views)

Not all of your software driver features are installed by default. You can run the driver CD once and make sure that none of the products have an "x" by them or their sub features. Then everything should be installed to your computer.

If this doesn't fix things you can download additional installers from ni.com/drivers  

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,130 Views)
Nor does installing the driver on your pc mean the same thing as installing the installer. The installer is the setup.exe, cab files, etc. You need the image of what is on the cd/dvd. See the difference?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,124 Views)

Hi,

I just installed NI LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1 with nothing with a x on it relevant to VISA (it looked like nothing extra go put on my hard drive) and I still have the same message.

Yes Dennis I understand that the installer needs to be installed on my machine so that I can build installers for others, buy why doesn't it get put on my hard drive when I install LabVIEW? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,121 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pgaastra

In the "Additional installers" dialog there is a "Copy all future installers to this computer when you run them" checkbox

From the LV help: 

• Copy all future installers to this computer when you run them—Specifies to copy all National Instruments installers from a distribution into a permanent location on this computer when you run the installers, even if a build specification does not use the installers. When you initiate future builds that use those installers, LabVIEW finds the installers on the local computer instead of prompting you to insert a distribution CD.

I don't have my cds so I can't try it, but this sounds like your guy.  
Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,116 Views)

thanks Jesse,

That "Copy all future installers to this computer when you run them" sounds good.

I tried it but I forgot to remove the DVD. It worked without asking for the DVD. 

To make sure I decided to do it again with a new executable but now I am having problems building the executable. "Error 8 occured at Creat Folder in Creat Directory Recursive.vi. .... .  Anway that's another issue for another day, I'm going home for the day.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,111 Views)

saludos ,  estoy tratando de realizar un ejecutable y en el momento que le doy en el installer "BUILD"  se me genera la siguiente ventana, "Some of the additional installers you selected are not on this computer.  The additional installers are availabe on the following disk.  Expand an disk to display the additional installers it contains "  .quisiera saber si me puedes ayudar con esto , te lo agradecería

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,429 Views)