LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional installer issue - NI system component missing - DVD

Hi,

I have trouble building my installer... when I try to add DAQ and Measeurement & automation explorer, the setup is asking me to provide file (that in my head are supose to be already in my PC). It says to find NI system component on DVD 1 of develloper suite.

When I insert DVD1 of the labview DVD I received to install Develloper suite on my PC, it tells me wrong DVD!!!!! I understand nothing... see pictures... what is the problem???

Thank you for helping.

ET

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,163 Views)

Looking closly at the image make sure you are using the "DS2" DVD and not "DS1".  Try iinserting the NI Device Drivers DVD.

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,153 Views)
I have a similar problem with installer requiring older DVD:s which I wouldn't like to use. When selecting additional installers - specifically the NI-488.2 3.1.2 for my installer - the installer asks for both NI Device Driver 2012 AND NI Device Driver 2014 ??? Shouldn't the 2014 include all device drivers, especialyl the 3.1.2 as it is the latest version ? How could I troubleshoot this problem further - the installer wizard doesn't specify which bit of the installer actually requires the older DVD. There is no runtime included or anything else - that 'error' is produced simply by making a 'dummy' installer with only 488.2 3.1.2 in it. The machine has both older 2012 and latest 2014 Labview Development Core's installed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,005 Views)

I assume that the additional installers you are refering to are programs you are installing from the Developer Suite DVDs, and not something you are installing from an installer you built - right?

The NI Device Driver 2014 DVD does not include "all" drivers - but rather the most recent version of each.  If you would like to see which versions are included, take a look at the following link, in the Description section:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-2014.02/4634/en/

Your 2014 DVD is asking  you to provide the 2012 DVD?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,983 Views)