From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding secondary axis in Excel chart using LabVIEW

Hi,

I am plotting two sets of data from LabVIEW using report generation.

The primary axis is automatically displayed in Excel. However I need to display /turn on the secondary axis in excel chart using LabVIEW.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,841 Views)

@Pankaj_K. wrote:

Hi,

I am plotting two sets of data from LabVIEW using report generation.

The primary axis is automatically displayed in Excel. However I need to display /turn on the secondary axis in excel chart using LabVIEW.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Please show your code and save the controls with typical default data values. Note that the Report Generated Toolkit do not generate an Excel chart but a MsGraph chart.

Ben64 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,835 Views)

For one of my reports I ended up using an Excel file as a template.  I would open the Excel file and then put all the data into it and then save it with a new name in a different location.  The first sheet was the report data that also had multiple charts in which one of them had multiple scales.  For each chart I had an additional sheet that contained the data.

The first page of the report in sheet 1 was all text and the charts were in later pages in that sheet.  I found that if I saved the template file with a chart showing, instead of on the first page that only had text, it would slow things down horribly.  If a chart is showing Excel updates the chart as you add data and that really slows things down.

In LabVIEW 2011 go to the examples\Comm\ExcelExamples.llb.   Or you can go into the example finder and type excel.  I think I based everything off of writing a table to Excel.  I looked in LV2013 and 2014 and noticed that the ExcelExamples.llb is not included with them.  But you might still be able to find something with the example finder that you can use for your situation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,817 Views)