From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding function palletes in addons folder

I am adding labview addon toolkit in the vi.lib\addons folder and i have created the menu files in labview menus folder categories\addons\productname. I have created the installer using labview installer for our product. If i do not include dir.mnu file during installation our toolkit function palletes are not appearing in labivew. If i include the dir.mnu file in the addons folder during installation our function pallets are appearing. but there is a problem after uninstallation, the default dir.mnu file in addon folder is also getting removed. I also need to add multiple products in addons folder. How do i update the dir.mnu file after every installation and also i do not want the uninstaller to remove the default dir.mnu file. Need your help to solve this issue.  

Thanks in advance,  

Ramesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,881 Views)

Why aren't you using the user.lib folder?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,879 Views)

Hi

Our toolkit will be used as a Labview addon toolkit. After discussion with NI team, we have decided to add this toolkit in the addon folder.

Ramesh.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,871 Views)

Ramesh,

first of all, if you talked to NI regarding the vi.lib, you should ask this person you talked to your question....

Without having tested this, i can imagine that using PPL (packed project library, lvlibp) can solve your issue. You can include an *.mnu file within the PPL, so uninstalling should only affect that file.

Whatever you have heared, as far as i know, NI will take no responsiblity if changes in LV messes up custom code installed into vi.lib. So it is possible, that installing a module/toolkit from NI could mess your installation. Therefore, i do suggest (as RavensFan) to use the user.lib installation directory. 

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,865 Views)