From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AddNew ADO Help

Hi Ladies and Gentleman,

I've been playing around using Labview 2009 and ADO objects for a upcoming project I will be working on. I have a test database set up to where I want to add records to my test database, just to see how the flow works. I have successfully referenced the database and opened the recordset, but when I get to the AddNew Method, I'm stuck. I'm not sure what to wire to the FieldList or Values sections.

I've read the ADO 2.5 documentation, but I'm still lost.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,981 Views)

Hi DadAzzS10

I don't know if this is the same definition you have in the ADO 2.5 documentation, but I find this pretty clear. Please post back if anything is still unclear.

Best Regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,967 Views)

Whenever I have an ADO related issue, I start at devguru.com

See this link:

http://www.devguru.com/technologies/ado/quickref/ado_index.html

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,958 Views)

Phillip,

Thanks for the link, I'll have to save that site.

I'm thinking that a string array is the best way to go, since I have two columns with two values, but when I set up my 1D array for each array, I can't enter any information. It appers grayed out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,938 Views)

OK, got a little farther, but I still can't understand why I'm getting a error. It looks correct to me.

Error: -2146825023 - Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,932 Views)

If you do not want to use the NI Database Connectivity Toolkit (ADO based) I would suggest you look at the free LabSQL (also ADO based). It sounds like you might be trying to reinvent the wheel.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,919 Views)

Hi again

It's like Dennis says, using the toolkit would save you a lot of time and effort. It's the route I would recommend.

The error you are getting is documented in this KB.

Best Regards

David

Message 7 of 7
(3,908 Views)