LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add one column of string to columns of integer

Something like this?  Takes 5 minutes if you understand FOR loops with autoindexing.  Please make an attempt at it.  Then show us where you are stuck.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(386 Views)

Thanks for your help. 

I have now found a "solution" and have to try it with the rest of my program to see how it goes.  

Hopefully Camerond doesn't think that I have left this problem unsolved like my previous question Smiley Happy

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(372 Views)

@Hoverman wrote:

Thanks for your help. 

I have now found a "solution" and have to try it with the rest of my program to see how it goes.  

Hopefully Camerond doesn't think that I have left this problem unsolved like my previous question Smiley Happy

Regards

Well, at least I know you now realize "how for loops work, with respect to outputs". Smiley Tongue

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(366 Views)

Excellent.  That looks pretty much like I was describing how to do it.

A few tips.

1.  You don't need the wait statements.  Since those For Loops run quickly and have a finite number of iterations, you don't need to slow them down.

2.  You don't need to wire the value 3 into the N nodes of the For Loops.  The number of elements in the array will determine how many times each For Loop runs because of the auto-indexing terminal.

3.  You can use the Format into String function to get that string created in a single node without concatenation.  %s=%d as your format string, and wire the string and the numeric into the Format into String node

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(365 Views)