LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adafruit flora microcontroller and labview, please help!

Hello,

I am using an Adafruit Flora wearable platform, which is arduino compatible along with a few Adafruit neopixels (LEDs) and a flora lux sensor (light sensor) and I would like to develop a LabView code to use the sensor and LEDs controlled via the Arduino-compatible wearable platform as an optical spectrometer to measure light absorbance in real time.

I am new to programming, so I would like to know if someone could please provide some tips on how to start this project or if there are any examples of labview and arduino for real time optical measurements?

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your help.

Kary.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,243 Views)

Hi Kary,

Though someone here may have great advice or knowledge about this microcontroller, the LabVIEW forums are specifically targeted towards issue within the software, not so much hardware integration.  That said, we have hardware forums dedicated to different products, where you may find more support and an active community of people, examples, and other helpful resources.  The link below is for our online Arduino community.  I would encourage you to post in the discussions there, as they will have more experience with the Arduino, and perhaps even your specific microcontroller!

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino

Regards,

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,198 Views)

@kari1926 wrote:

Hello,

I am using an Adafruit Flora wearable platform, which is arduino compatible along with a few Adafruit neopixels (LEDs) and a flora lux sensor (light sensor) and I would like to develop a LabView code to use the sensor and LEDs controlled via the Arduino-compatible wearable platform as an optical spectrometer to measure light absorbance in real time.

I am new to programming, so I would like to know if someone could please provide some tips on how to start this project or if there are any examples of labview and arduino for real time optical measurements?

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your help.

Kary.

Your hardware-related questions are best asked at the Arduino forum.

There is no reason to use LabVIEW.

Arduino has its own IDE and uses C.

You might as well use C since you don't know LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,188 Views)

Labview does not really program Arduino's, but rather turns them into a USB analog/digital I/O device.

The Arduino must remain connected to a computer to run the LabView Ardunio programs.

There is a group working on an actual LabView compiler for Ardunio, but it is not done yet and probably will not be free.

http://www.tsxperts.com/?wysija-page=1&controller=email&action=view&email_id=11&wysijap=subscription...

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,183 Views)

Hi David,

Thank you so much! I will post the question in the Arduino community. I appreciate your suggestion!

Best regards,

Kary.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,158 Views)

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards,

Kary.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,157 Views)

Thank you very much for providing that link. I was not aware that there was a group working on an actual LabView compiler for Arduino. 

I appreciate your answer.

Regards,

Kary.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,148 Views)