From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework Message Maker Dialog Box missing

Solved!
Go to solution

In Labview 2015 should be a Actor Framework Message Maker Dialog Box.

I create a new project from the Actor Framwork Template, but can not find in the Tools menu Tools»Actor Framework Message Maker.

In the context menu of Task.vi in Alpha.lvclass I have Actor Framework»Create Message.

So I can create a new message class.

But why is Tools»Actor Framework Message Maker missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,313 Views)

Interesting, can you post this in the AF Comunity Directly? It'll get much more focused attention there Smiley Happy

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/actor-framework-2011

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter_S

The Message Maker was deprecated. The 'Actor Framework' right-click menus in the project window in LabVIEW 2015 and later should provide all the functionality previously provided by the message maker.

I thought we removed the help topic, I'm not sure why it's still showing up in the LabVIEW 2015 online help. I filed CAR 565761 to get the documentation updated.

Message 3 of 9
(5,278 Views)

Thanks.I have also Labview 2014 installed with the menu Tools»Actor Framework Message Maker, but not with 'Actor Framework' right-click menus.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,269 Views)

Right, to clarify:

• 2014 and previous has the Message Maker in the tools menu
  • 2015 has the Project Provider with the right click menus
Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,255 Views)

To be precise: Right click the actor class of your interest in the project, go to "Actor Framework" and "Create Abstract Message for Caller" (LabVIEW 2016)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,700 Views)

So,  That gives me an Abstract Message.  How do I create an ordinary non-abstract message?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,957 Views)

@Barionics wrote:

So,  That gives me an Abstract Message.  How do I create an ordinary non-abstract message?

There is also a 'Create Messages for Actor' right-click menu option that creates standard messages.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,951 Views)

Thanks,

It appears that, first, you have to create a method for the message to link to. Only then will the Create message option be added alongside the Create Abstract message option. 

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,943 Views)