From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Class Ctl not updating

Hi,

I recently started working with Actor framewok and LabVIEW Classes. Before going in to complex programming I want to have hands on very basic functionality. I tried to make one project where I am trying to run one actor which reads data from private class.

In attached project I am trying to update Main actor class data from Main.vi from event structure but somehow data is not being updated. I am not able to use probe in Write Select Wave.vi which is created from data access template. Why my private class data is not being updated?

Kindly help. Need to have basic understanding of Actor framework and proceed for complex development. Complex hands on examples are not helping.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,645 Views)

You have to understand that i refer to Actor Framework (AF) as "one of the most complex architectures LV currently provide". So you should have a good knowledge about LV to start with AF. The current tools around AF (including the project wizard) sadly obfuscate this fact.

That being said, your code shows a lack in that (required) basic knowledge to understand and successfully use the AF.

I hope you are aware of the following items available online:

Navigating the Actor Framework

Community Hands-On: Actor Framework

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 3
(2,600 Views)

Thanks for the reply Norbert,

I have already gone through the links you suggested. As I mentioned in my post that I wanted to try something simple with actor framework instead of complex projects with multiple actors as in given hands-on.

Anyways my issue is resolved by using actor message instead of direct update of class data.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
(2,594 Views)