LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX is visible only for administrator

There is an ActiveX that is used in LabVIEW program. However, LabVIEW recognises it only if the user is logged with administrator rights (Windows 7). If user is logged with conventional rights, the ActiveX is not visible for LabVIEW. It does not appear in the list Insert ActiveX Object of ActiveX container. It also disappears from containers where was inserted by administrator.

I believe, the problem is in registration of the ActiveX in Windows registry. If so, what should be done with the registry to allow the ActiveX for all users? If not, what could be cause of the problem?

Thank you

(2,762 Views)

Do you have type library (.tlb) file for that application? If you are able to run the Application with the conventional rights then I believe the ActiveX object will be available.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,743 Views)

Sorry but I do not get your idea. I do not use .tlb and LabVIEW does not see the ActiveX if the user has default rights.

(2,724 Views)

What type of Application you are trying to access in LabVIEW? Is it built using LabVIEW? Here is Knowledge Base about registering the ActiveX object in your PC.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,708 Views)

As far as i understand, every user does see the ActiveX container in LV. Correct?

But the specific ActiveX element, which is selected in the ActiveX container, is only visible (hence 'usable') when you logged in as administrator. Correct?

If both questions are "YES", then you have the issue that the ActiveX server application was only installed for the administrator account. So you might check if a "Repairinstall" of the ActiveX server application enables you to re-select the "install this application for all users" option. If not, please use the KB linked above for trying to manually register the application for specific users.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 5 of 5
(2,679 Views)