LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Office Spreadsheet 9.0

I just found something interesting. Using pretty much the exact setup as the picture i posted earlier, I wired a single string value to the Value property of the Range and lo and behold that single string got written to every single cell in the range. So that stuff seems to be right yet I still cannot get it to right my 2-D array of data, though I can write a single value to a 2-D area. Strange. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Gary

EDIT: After converting the 2-D array I'm retrieving from excel and looking at it's variant form, I've noticed that all I see is the dimensions of the space. When looking at variant data coming from excel it recognizes it as an array and says it's non-disploayable. Shouldn't I be seeing the same when I go from variant to data and data to variant?

Message Edited by Gary D on 08-01-2005 03:36 PM

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(550 Views)
Not a problem, I'm not an expert on using these activex controls. It looks to me like the variant function does not work properly for reading array data. I made a version that reads the HTML data, gets rid of the garbage and returns a 2D string array of numbers.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(540 Views)

@unclebump wrote:
Not a problem, I'm not an expert on using these activex controls. It looks to me like the variant function does not work properly for reading array data. I made a version that reads the HTML data, gets rid of the garbage and returns a 2D string array of numbers.

The more I look at the problem the more I think that what I want to do is not possible. Instead of selecting the Spreadsheet 9 control when selecting which activeX object to use, I selected the MS Excel Worksheet from the Create Document listing. If I go through the process with that I can display my file but scrolling and navigating the file is still a pain. Between this, using a listbox or a simple table I can get the file displayed simply. But it looks like my dreams of having it pop up in an excel window embedded on the LV FP simply isn't gonna happen. I can work around that. Thanks for all the help.

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(538 Views)
In the end I decided the file isn't going to change ever/very often so it would be acceptable to simply copy and paste the information into the spreadsheet on the FP. It looks and works like I initially wanted and if the file does change it's simple enough to update it. Just got a case of wanting to do something cool in LabVIEW that would be future proof but ended up giving me grief. Thanks for the help throughout Uncle.

Gary
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(533 Views)