From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Automation Reference getting corrupted when sharing with Teststand

I am using ActiveX Automation to interact with a 3rd Party Software. I use LabVIEW Functional Global to store the activeX reference. I have some low-level APIs with the Automation Refnum In and Out and few high level APIs which use the reference from Functional Global. I am also using these APIs in Teststand. When I store the Automation Reference in the Teststand Local Variable and pass it to the low-level APIs, It was working fine. But when I pass the Reference from the Teststand Local Variable to the Functional Global and use it afterwards, the reference is getting corrupted and I am getting error.

I have created a prototype of the situation using ActiveX call to Skype from LabVIEW. The attached file has 3 Teststand sequences explaining the situation. 

Debug1.seq : Passes the reference from TS Local to LV Functional Global  : Generates error

Debug2.seq : Uses the reference from TS Local alone : No error

Debug3.seq : Uses the reference from LV Functional Global alone : No error

Can anyone suggest why is the reference loses its validity or any solutions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,490 Views)