LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Tab Color

Does Labview have an easier way to configure active tabs?
My application uses many tabs, and I have tried to color them in two different colors so that the color of the active tab (or currently selected tab) is different from those that are not selected (inactive ones). Is there an easier way to chance the colors of the tabs (rather than having to implement while loops to change the color of all tabs, every time that there is a new tab selection)?
Your input will be greatly appreciated!

FIGHTONSCTROJAN
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,450 Views)
I think the attached VI does what you want.
The idea is to detect a change in the tab control value (user switching from one tab to another).

When that happens, use the PAGES property of the tab control. Use the old value of the TAB control as an index into the PAGES property - that gets you the old page. Use a property node to set the FG color of that page back to gray (your inactive color).

At the same time, use the new value of the TAB control to get the new page. Use another property node to set the FG color of that page to flaming pink, or your active color.

You could use an EVENT structure, as well.

You only have to change two pages, the one you are coming from, and the one you are going to.

You have to ALLOW MULTIPLE COLORS
in the ADVANCED section, though.
Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 2 of 4
(3,449 Views)
this is exactly what I wanted ...thanks CostalMaineBird!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,449 Views)
Just tried that myself, works fantastic on the old laptop, however when I try to build a PDA application on Vers. 8 it tells me that the 'property node is not supported for the current target'  meaning the TPC-2006 screen (windows CE).

Anyway I can get the tabs to change colour on the PDA screen?

Cheers,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,270 Views)