From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation problem after reinstalling LV 8.5 on new PC/Win7

Solved!
Go to solution

I've had LV 8.5.1 on an XP machine for many years then the power supply died. I now have a new Windows 7 PC and trying to reinstall LV8.5. I go through the activation process and it says "Product Successfully Activated!". License Manager says it is activated for this machine. I've tried multiple times. I've tried running as an administrator and as THE local admin but still says I have an Evaluation Licence with X days remaining each time I launch.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WozFromOz

could be worth giving NI customer service a call, they should be able to help. if you get a solution that way could post it as others may be interested.

thanks 

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
Message 2 of 5
(2,430 Views)

Hello WozFromOz,

If you could private message me with your serial number then I can make sure on my end if your new installation is correctly activated on our machines.  Also, one of the reasons why "Evaluation License with X days remaining" could be popping up is that LabVIEW base/full is fully activated but application builder, an add-on for LabVIEW, is not activated.  In many installations, they install together so you can try out application builder with your system.  If you could post a screen shot of the evaluation screen that pops up alongside the NI License Manager with the files under LabVIEW 8.5 expanded, it would help me see if this is actually the case.

Best regards,

Message 3 of 5
(2,408 Views)

After a few days of kind assistance from Tamdemonium without success, I spoke to an NI Australia techo and he was able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly. It seems that sometimes LabVIEW does not pick up the right Computer ID to use for auto licencing so he generated a new one from my network interface's MAC. In future I have to activate manually after getting a code from them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,389 Views)

Hello every one, I called the NI support, they told me It wasn't compatible with W7, Which was the solution for you??? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,242 Views)