From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actionner relais

Did you note that the poster wants to use a 1902, not a 9102? And if you look at the manual for the 1902, the "remote control" is just driving two analog channels, which should be fine with an NI-9264. No special driver necessary. This does seem overly complicated just to turn a relay on and off, though.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(619 Views)

Hi Nathan,

yes I know how to read thank you. what was not clear in "Try to create or use the existing drivers, most of the time only command change  :"?

It was just pure coincidence the selection was on 9102 in the list. I just wanted to point out that he could base the creation of its own driver/ bundle of functions to communicate with the 1902 on the already available drivers from the same vendor..

Indeed most of the time, drivers for the same type of instruments and from the same vendor follow the same design and just few VIs are not compatible.

Thank for making me repeat  as it was not clear enough apparently.

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(606 Views)

Romain_Duval wrote:

yes I know how to read thank you. what was not clear in "Try to create or use the existing drivers, most of the time only command change  :"?

Indeed most of the time, drivers for the same type of instruments and from the same vendor follow the same design and just few VIs are not compatible.

You might want to read the manual for the device the poster wants to use. It doesn't have a serial interface. It accepts no commands. There's no way to reuse an existing serial driver. The remote interface is just 2 analog channels and one digital signal.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(595 Views)