LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquisition limited to 10,000 data points?

I am using NI's VI drivers for the Tektronix DPO4054 oscilloscope with LV version 8.5.1.  I am only able to acquire a maximum of 10,000 data points from the scope.  When I set the Scope to aquire 100,000 points per trigger, the scope dispays 100,000 points but the VI only downloads via USB, the first 10,000 points.   Is this a LV or a VI limit? Is there some workaround?

Drivers through here:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=8045

Message Edited by Gomer on 07-09-2008 02:00 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,932 Views)
I can't edit the original post, but wanted to add that the VI I am using in is the Fetch Waveform one inside the main library that the download link points to.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,910 Views)

Hi, I am Paulo, I can see that you have done already the interaction betwen Labview 8.5 and the tektronix DPO 4054. I am trying to to the same but I am new in Labview and I really need to have this data in real time so I can process it with a matlab code. Would you please help me step by step to work in this plug and play usb real time interaction. Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,710 Views)

When I used a different Tecktronix oscilloscope (TDS 3014B) the number of points was limited to either 500 or 10,000. I guess if you try to use some other number it rounds to one of these two valid values, at least that is how mine worked. 10,000 is really good resolution though... 100,000 seems like a lot of overkill!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,695 Views)

DO you have some good explanation of how the block diagram works for the acquire continuous waveform.vi?

Also, I am  interacting the oscilloscope  tektronix DPO 4054 via USB with the driver with the folllowing parameters in the scope:

- Acquisition Mode sample: 512 samples
- Record length: 10k

As you know, once I average the signal(512 samples), it shows  in the scope a waveform wish is a unique output from the screen of the scope, my  question is: When I run the driver continuously and start retrieving  10K points and storing all this data in my spreadsheet and then plot the data, Is this Graph with several waveforms  different to each other since is real time measurement?

in other words:

The graph is showing   4 waveforms, let’s say:  waveform_1, waveform_2, waveform_3, waveform_4 in any order as an output from the NI driver.

In the scope all the waveforms are the same since it is updating every time it averages 512 pulses and shows a unique pulse no matter what is the scale of the scope.

For the driver:

-          Are these waveforms the same or different?

-           It is really showing me four different pulses so that I have 512x4 measurements?

-           If yes, why?

-          It has something to do with the driver storage time?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,645 Views)