LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring trough the video-in of an ATI graphic card with vision

Dear all,
Im experiencing with a problem, which I can't really solve. I use Labview 8.2 and the last version of vision
In an application I need to have an image preview, and I need to do this showing on the desktop (just to show, without save) the analog input in the video-in of my ATI graphic card.
Is there some example code which already do this? or can someone suggest my how I could approach this problem?
Thank you very much and happy new year,
Marco
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,568 Views)
Well, since nobody else has answered yet, I'd like to add some more information.
The graphic card is a ati x600 VIVO and the drivers are the latest present on the ati site.
For the video-in these drivers use the WDM Integrated Driver T200 Unified AVStream Driver.
I started using Vision Buider plus the driver of USB cameras.
When I choose "acquire image" in the box on the left the T200 drivers are shown, but then I get the error "the setting for this camera are not valid", but the setup button remains gray and I can't modify anything.
That's all... I really hope that this time someone can give me a suggestion!
Regards,
Marco
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,539 Views)
Hi Marco,

the problem you're describing is not very clear and I would like to ask you some more information:

1) Which version of Visual Builder are you using? Remember that this software utility works only with NI boards;
2) In the last post you're talking about USB: if you're ATI device is recognized as USB, you have to adopt the "show-case" standard.

Best regards,

Fabio
Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,502 Views)