LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring Continuous and Finite Data Simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program reading in temperature measurements from thermalcouples and I currently have my system set up to take a finite number of samples.  During the acqusition I am unable to see the data in the front panel and I would like to set up a way to watch a continuous waveform graph for my data while it is being sampled so I can watch for errors.  Is there a good way to go about doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,722 Views)
A graph will display each acquisition and then clear itself for the next. A chart will append the new acquisition to the old up to the history length that you set. After the history length of reached, old data is dropped.

I don't know which you are using and without seeing your code, it's impossible to say why you aren't seeing anything. Do you have a loop with the chart/graph inside of it?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,715 Views)

Use a Chart instead of a graph.  That will allow you to keep a history and give you more time to spot your waveform.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,711 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,704 Views)

I guess I left some important things out.  Right now I have the finite samples going to a waveform graph.  I am sampling for 100 seconds at 1 hertz and during that time I can not watch the data.  Once the 100 seconds are up I can view the data but I would like to moniter the data while it is being collected.  Is there a way to have a continuous waveform graph of my data while it is taking the finte samples?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,682 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jhwimmer
You can't view data until it has been acquired. It is your programming of the acquisition that is at fault. If you want to see it sooner, change the number of samples or the sample rate. With a chart instead of a graph, you can simply change the number of samples and get a continuous display.
Message 6 of 7
(4,659 Views)

@jhwimmer wrote:

I guess I left some important things out.  Right now I have the finite samples going to a waveform graph.  I am sampling for 100 seconds at 1 hertz and during that time I can not watch the data.  Once the 100 seconds are up I can view the data but I would like to moniter the data while it is being collected.  Is there a way to have a continuous waveform graph of my data while it is taking the finte samples?

Yes.  It is called a CHART.  If you want, you can set the history length to just be 100.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,651 Views)