From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire Signal with NI-SCOPE 5102

Hello. i'm a beginner in LabView. I have to acquire signal from a NI-Scope 5102 and I have absolutely no idea how to do that in LabView, I instaled the drivers but in my computer I don't have the acquisition boards. I tried to see the examples and I can´t find nothing that can possibly help me. I need a step-by-step explanation of what to do. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,438 Views)

It will be really hard to acquire a signal without the card in your computer.

If you go to the help menu and select find examples and then do a search for scopes you will get all the examples.  If you get no results check that you have the NI-Scope software installed.  There is an example called niScope EX Getting Started.vi that should point you in the right direction.  There is even a simulated acquisition vi you could look at.  I do not actually have a 5102 card but this should help some.

How to tell if you have the niscope software installed??

Open the measurement & automation explorer (MAX).  On the left pane will be NI software that is installed like in the attached image.  If you did not install MAX you will need to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,411 Views)

@FilipeV wrote:

Hello. i'm a beginner in LabView. I have to acquire signal from a NI-Scope 5102 and I have absolutely no idea how to do that in LabView, I instaled the drivers but in my computer I don't have the acquisition boards. I tried to see the examples and I can´t find nothing that can possibly help me. I need a step-by-step explanation of what to do. 

I hope this helps:

Getting Started with NI-DAQmx: Main Page.Getting Started with NI-SCOPE oops.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,404 Views)

I made a second post, by mistake, of this same problem, and got some answers. You can check it here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Acquire-Signal-with-NI-SCOPE-5102/td-p/2267446. I would ask you to see the feedback I got on the other post and if you have some other idea or you think that it should be made in other way, please tell me. 

I have the NI-Scope Software on my personal labtop and the vi will run in the lab's computer. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,390 Views)

Actually, the 5102 can be programmed using either traditional DAQ or NI-SCOPE.  It is a very old, obsolete board, and is not supported on 64-bit operating systems.  I would recommend the NI-SCOPE driver, since it is still supported.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,380 Views)