From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiere sound with Microphone continuously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am working on a project and i have to be able to know when an alarm (sound alarm) is turning on with LabView. I try to use direct the microphone of the computer and I can now read the signals with the bloc "acquiere sound".

What i would like to do is to listen continuously and make a FFT of the signals each 100ms to know if my alarm is present (with specific frequence).

My problem is that there is always a dead time of almost 300ms between each measure of sound with the microphone and so i loose a big part of the signals.

Is that so because of my hardware system (microphone of the computer) or it's possible to improve that with using other bloc or other configuration?

I already searched on the forum but did'nt found this information.

Thank you

Jérôme

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,035 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marchj

Hello,

There's a nice example in the NI Example Finder called "Continous Sound Input".

I think this VI can solve your Problem with the Timing.

Regards

Marco Meier

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,010 Views)

The NI sound system is a piece of software that MI care less about, bugs are not fixed. But somehow they manage to introduse new bugs. But anyway please post your code. So we can take a look at it. And no code no help 😉 It could also be that your problem may be fixed with a better Labview sound driver named waveio.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,006 Views)

Thank you very much,

This example solved my problem. I didn't know why there isn't a link to this example in the help of the bloc Soud Input Read.

Jérôme

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,988 Views)