From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acoustic Testing

This is a project for my undergradute thesis through a co-op program. I am not super familiar with LabVIEW but it is what I have to work with so I have a number of questions I am looking for help on.

The task at hand is to create a program that will do the following;

• Create a frequncy sound sweep from 20hz to 2000hz that will be output through the soundcard from the aux jack.
  • Simultaneously collect data from two microphones that are on either end of a tube with baffling in the middle to show the difference the baffling makes
  • Graph the data/output the data to excel to make a graph of the ratio of sound pressure output over sound pressure input to show relative effectiveness to other configurations

I have not been able to get the Play Waveform.vi to work through my soundcard so I have been working with a much more crude method. I also can not seem to get the data I am looking for to output after collecting the sound.

Attached are two of my best attempts thus far. The v5 file is a modification of a .vi I was able to find.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,502 Views)

Have you looked at the Examples that come with LabVIEW?  [Help, Find Examples ...].  There is one called Generate Sound that may be useful.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 6
(3,464 Views)

How are you acquiring the data? with what hardware?

Also, I was only able to opne one of the VIs. But I believe that for your application, you need to have everything inside one main while loop. 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7588/en/

Message 3 of 6
(3,445 Views)

I am using two microphones with NI Part number 153551A-O1L, and a cDAQ 9181 Ethernet DAQ. I have an amp and a specialized speaker that are connected to the computer through an aux port.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,430 Views)

Bob,

This helped correct some of the sound generations issues I Was having. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,425 Views)

Here is my latests attempt. I used two of the examples and am working on them to try and get what I am looking for. Or at the very least learn what I can to improve until I get what I need. I can run this perfectly with one microphone, but I can not seem to come up with a way to get the second to work.

P.S. Sorry for the less-than-optimized front panel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,389 Views)