LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing shared variable

Hi,

My query is for access shared variable. In a original configuration a project (say Original.lvproj) has many Vis (developed Labview 8.1) which were deployed on many PXI 8186 RT target. These different deployed VI on various RT target shared data using Network published Shared variable. There was no problem in this configuration and worked fine for years. In recent time one of PXI 8186 RT target failed which was replaced by PXI 8106 RT target. After replacing with new controller the corresponding VI was taken out from the above mentioned project and created a new project under Labview 8.2 since PXI 8106 RT doesn’t support Labview version earlier to 8.2. But problem here is how to access those network shared variable which originally created in the Original.lvproj and deployed in one of the PXI 8186 RT target ? Please advise.

Many Thanks.

Best regards, Rakesh

ps I am new to Labview I hope I am able to explain my problem properly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,982 Views)

Did you try doing drag and drop from the 8.1 project to the 8.2 project?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,981 Views)

Labview 8.1 and Labview 8.2 are installed on two different workstations...

Many Thanks, Rakesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,976 Views)

So copy the 8.1 project and move over to 8.2 workstation, open it, and then drag everything under your old target to the new target in the 8.2 project.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,974 Views)

Does it mean that i need to re deploy applications even on other RT targets which is presently working fine (developed under Labview 8.1) ? Our aim is not disturb existing working apps (on existing PXI 8186 RT controllers) except for the faulty one which have been replaced with PXI 8106 RT. 

Many Thanks, Rakesh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,964 Views)

No, you would have just the one new target in your project instead of many. Your other workstation would have the project with the other working targets. I don't think there's much more you can do unless you upgrade everything to the new LV version.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,942 Views)

Thanks for your prompt help. As i mentioned i have already created new project for the new target. But i need to access Network shared variable which were created on original proejct and running on some other RT target in the same Domain.

I hope i am able to explain properly or if you need more details please let me know.

Many Thanks, Rakesh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,921 Views)

You need to specify where the shared variables are declared. On the host or the RT targets? And are the RT targets running on their own once deployed? Do they communicate with the host at all?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,916 Views)

Thanks again, Please let me know how to declare shared variable which exist on some other RT target (with difference in LV version ie 8.1 ), These two RT target will communicate with each other and running on their after deployment and will not talk to host.

Best regards, Rakesh

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,913 Views)