From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Internal settings of a block

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am using the LabVIEW FPGA module 2015 for a project. I would like to access the internal sttings (data type, size, etc) of blocks like the scaled window, FFT,

or any other block. Or even change the size of a FIFO externally without having to open its set up menu. Can this be done in LabVIEW?

Thanks in advance,

Hazem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,655 Views)

Hello Hazem93,

Can you describe or post a screen shot of what you mean by blocks. You can do some configuration of the FPGA FIFO, check out the link below:

FIFO.Configure (Invoke Method)

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599H-01/lvfpgahost/fpga_method_fifo_config/

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,600 Views)

Those are blocks (or Express VIs) [ FFT, Scaled Window, Mean respectively]

fft.PNGhamming.PNGmean.PNG

How to access their internal settings from the host (like their sizes, data types, etc) ?

Also, how to change the sizes of FIFOs externally from the host? (The link you posted is about FIFOs used in communication between the host and the FPGA, however the FIFOs I am using are Target - Scoped FIFOs)

Appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hazem93

You can "right-click...convert to subVI" to open the diagram and repeat for the inner VIs.

This allows you to see the actual code. You might be able to scavenge some code fragments and use your own code.

Message 4 of 9
(3,528 Views)

Great!! Thanks altenbach

It works for the scaled window and mean express VIs; However for the FFT express VI, I reach this

FFT.PNG

Can this be altered in any way?

Also, Can the Target - Scoped FIFO size be changed externally?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,522 Views)

I you read my reply again, I said to repeat the operation for the inner VIs. This is an inner VI. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,520 Views)

Well, I hope it was that easy...but there is no "convert to subVI" option in this Inner VI !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,516 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hazem93

Ah sorry, here the menu entry is "open front panel" which will give you a dialog asking if it should convert it. Do that. 😄

Message 8 of 9
(3,512 Views)

That works Smiley Very Happy  Thanks!

Is there a similar way for the FIFO size?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,508 Views)