LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access file on the server with username and password

I have a test program that stores the config file in the local PC,so it is easily changed by anybody.So I would like to store the config file on our factory server.

The PC is login by a very low level acount,so it cannot access the config file.So I would like our IT guy to build a folder on server to store the config file and give permissions to specific acount.So the test program will use these authorized acounts(username+ password) to access the config file.

This is what I am thinking,but I don't know how to do it. How to use a acount to access the file on server in the Labview program?What VIs or functions can be used for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,746 Views)

If you just do not let others modify the file, you can protect it in another way:

1. Keep the file with the test program;

2. Create a code/decode sub-VI using your owner algorithm;

3. Code the config file and put the password in initial file;

4. Add decode sub-VI in test program, each time you start the test program, it will check the password during initial step, and it will report error if the config file changed;

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,727 Views)

Hi!

Here are a few options:

1) You can ask your IT service to put the file on a FTP server and access it (read-only) from your LabviewCode

2) You can ask your IT service to give a read-only access to the file to the low-level PC account. The users can see the file but cannot modify it.

3) You can connect programmatically a network unit with custom credentials: http://lavag.org/topic/13282-filefolder-access-as-a-different-windows-user/ (but I wuold avoid this)

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,722 Views)