From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access cluster within cluster through control refnum

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a cluster1(with 2 numeric controls) with other controls within a cluster2. I want to pass this cluster2 to subvi as a control refnum and then set cluster1's numeric control 's value. How do I do that? I cannot simply unbundle cluster2...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,407 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomsze

You can get the refnums to all the controls in the main cluster through the "Controls[]" cluster property; then you need to identify the inner cluster refnum using its name (label) or index (knowing the main cluster elements order); after this, you have the refnum you need in the shape of a Control refnum, so you need to pass it through the "To more specific class" node specifying that the "target class" is a cluster (you can create a constant for that input and select the following path: "Generic-GObject-Control-Cluster-Cluster"). This will give you the inner cluster refnum ready to get and set all cluster properties.

Message 2 of 5
(3,377 Views)

I wrote a nugget on the topic of using control references that can be found here.

But for the most simple approach, right click the sub-cluster from the FP and select "create reference". That will create a reference to the sub-cluster and no funny stuff required.

If you really want the funny stuff, see my nugget I linked above.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 5
(3,349 Views)

Ok, it works~ thanks~

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,341 Views)

Or you create a DVR to the cluster and change the value through a InPlaceStructure.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,341 Views)