LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access APT Thorlabs platform with a joystick to control TDC001 motor controllers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I'm trying to use a 3-axis joystick to control TDC001 motor controllers in XYZ configuration thourgh Active-X and APT Thorlabs platform in Labview. I've already follow the instructions in this link: http://www.thorlabs.com/images/TabImages/GuideToLabVIEWandAPT.pdf

I'm able to control one axis in Labview on APT platform now. Does anyonw know how can I access APT with my 3-axis joystic(either in Labview or APT User Interface), so that I can use it to control the motor controllers?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,661 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tracyfu

Are you trying to learn LabVIEW Programming from the (not-so-bad, actually) manual you reference in your post?  If so, it would be a good idea to find a LabVIEW guru and get her to teach you the basics of LabVIEW programming, including the importance of Data Flow (and how to serialize your code using the Error Line) and good LabVIEW Programming Style ("Lesson #1 -- All Block Diagrams should fit on a single Laptop screen, and if it doesn't, then break up the task into sub-VI."  "Lesson #2 -- Every VI and sub-VI needs an Icon and a Description").

You don't say what the problem is that you are encountering.  Could I guess that it involves the three-axis Joystick?  There is Joystick support in LabVIEW, but it's a little obscure and a little outside the usual way of handling hardware.

Give us some better idea of what questions you have.

BS

@Tracyfu wrote:

Hi I'm trying to use a 3-axis joystick to control TDC001 motor controllers in XYZ configuration thourgh Active-X and APT Thorlabs platform in Labview. I've already follow the instructions in this link: http://www.thorlabs.com/images/TabImages/GuideToLabVIEWandAPT.pdf

I'm able to control one axis in Labview on APT platform now. Does anyonw know how can I access APT with my 3-axis joystic(either in Labview or APT User Interface), so that I can use it to control the motor controllers?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,618 Views)

Hi the problem is solved now. We learned the LabVIEW programming and buit up the control successfully. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,492 Views)