LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer + Gyro Kalman Filter

Hello,

Do you guys have any sample VIs to demostrate the Kalman filter particularly for an IMU that has a 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyro using LabVIEW's Control Design Toolkit? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(25,564 Views)

Have you searched the forum? search with Kalman filter and you will get some couple of threads discussing about that. Post if any specific help required.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(25,555 Views)

Hello,

I am also looking for an example Kalman filter to calculate 3D orientation 

from a 3-axis accelerometer and a 3-axis gyro. Did you find anything yet?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(25,385 Views)

Hello ^H^,

Have a look at the following links:  <link no longer exists>,<link no longer exists>, and page 5-7 of this manual describes how the filter works.

I hope this helps 🙂

David G
Sales Engineer - SE Michigan & N Ohio
National Instruments
Message 4 of 27
(25,331 Views)
I am also looking for example for kalman filter with Gyro+accelerometer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(24,772 Views)

Hello mawad,

We do not have any examples specific to any type of hardware. However, in the Example Finder (Help >> Find Examples...) you can find 5 examples that involved the design and/or implementation of a Kalman filter with the help of the Control Design and Simulation Module. You can find them by clicking on the Search tab in Example Finder, and then searching for 'Kalman'. I hope this helps. 

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(24,732 Views)

I have integerated a Wii Nunchuck 3 axis accelerometer and Wii motion plus 3 axis gyro via i2c to a Parallax Propellar microprocesser that also has an XBee wireless module on it. The PC runs LabView 8.6 and I wrote a vi that displays a pitch/roll airplane display instrument. Works very well as I am sending pitch and roll data via a wireless serial interface to the PC and on to the LabView.

I would be very interested in running my xyz accelerometer and xyz gyro information thru a Kalman filter in LabView to see the results on the display with different gain settings.

Anyone want to help ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(24,028 Views)
As Vivek said, we do not have a hardware Kalman filter, but you could input the data into LabVIEW and use a software Kalman filter from the Control Design and Simulation toolkit.  Please repost if you have any other questions about the LabVIEW Kalman filter.
Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(24,003 Views)

Hi to all!

I know this is an old topic, but i have a similiar issue. We are using a Kalman Filter, which differs from the embedded (in LV) ones and wish to port this filter to cRIO to run in real time.

I have ported most of the code (the simple version) to a couple of VIs and I would like to get it going in Real time. We have 9 IMU units therefore 9 separate (reentrant) filters have to run simultaneously, at 100 Hz. The sampling frequency is 200 Hz.

Firstly I would like to confirm, that the cRIO will be able to run the Kalman filters in Real time.

Could someone give me some guidelines and help me with the problems I am having:

- One Kalman filter in a timed loop at every 10 ms works fine (i think, based on the tick count)

- 9 Kalman filters work really slowly, at 1Hz!

I attach my VI's for illustration.

Now, in this version, the UKF is written in a MathScript node. There are two cases (which I should join, of course). First case, during the first 100 samples, we initialize the KF parameters and get the bias, the scaling factor etc..., and afterwards take this data into the KF and calculate the KF for the rest of the samples.

I have little experience with LV Real-Time and any suggestions as to making the code lighter and faster are appreciated. Thanks,

Luka

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(14,671 Views)

@VRspace4 wrote:

Hello,

Do you guys have any sample VIs to demostrate the Kalman filter particularly for an IMU that has a 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyro using LabVIEW's Control Design Toolkit? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- James

Not a kalman filter, but a Quaternion based gradient descent algorithm for determining Attitude, Heading and Reference of an IMU system (similar to yours) can be found in the community:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-18964

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(14,665 Views)