From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute time with OAT Convert to Even Angle Signal VI

I wish to use the 'OAT Convert to Even Angle Signal' VI with a speed signal in which the times are derived from absolute times, i.e. they are still doubles but they start from a very high number, e.g. 63,378,251,970.947, rather than 0.0. This does not seem to work (sorry, don't know the nature of the error message at this points as I am calling it via a DLL).

Is there any reason why this isn't possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,435 Views)

I have carried out some further testing and the problem seems to be between the double values used to represent date and time objects in Measurement Studio and those used in LabVIEW.

I am creating the double values from .net DateTime objects using the Measurement Studio (MS) DataConverter function. This gives me double values that I can plot on MS graphs which, when they have the axis label formatting set to a date and time string, indicate the correct, original time. Values for dates around now (May 2009) are approximately 63,378,252,000.

I had assumed that these values would be compatible with LabVIEW but it appears that the value should be more like 3,325,700,000 for dates around now.

I can now see that the MS value works in seconds from January 1st 0001 and LabVIEW works from January 1st 1904. Does anyone know a nice way around this or am I forced to convert between these times using the difference in the dates?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,424 Views)

Hi,

I personally don't see anyway to change this apart from converting it manually as Windows relies on it.

After digging around, I found there is a workaround for MS apps such as Excel that may inspire you.

Best regards,

Mark M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,413 Views)